Knowing how to work in teams is fundamental to day-to-day work, being crucial to success in organizational goals. The main thing in an organization's success is not finance, strategy or even technology, but teamwork. This gives the main competitive advantage, because it is as powerful as rare.
We also know that teamwork has several benefits such as:
- Teamwork is credited with substantial reductions in absenteeism, with decreased staff turnover, with increased profit and job satisfaction.
- Teams succeed because they provide an environment where weaknesses are balanced and individual strengths multiplied.
- Teams protect the organization from individual weaknesses such as poor performance and personal agendas.
- Projects have a greater chance of staying on track when employees collaborate with each other.
- Teams create an environment that most people enjoy. Group safety makes the individual feel less exposed, more available to take risks and to be creative, and therefore to perform better.