According to a Brain Research survey, inspired employees are twice as productive as merely satisfied employees.
But how do you make employees feel inspired?
- First, the leader needs to be inspired to inspire others.
- Then, the leader shares the purpose to propel others. For this, it is important to have good communication skills.
- The leader then empowers employees to achieve greater performance and encourages commitment.
- The leader also has to inspire his team through his or her actions, not just words, to lead them to believe in a common vision.
- The leader carefully chooses the right moments to reinforce the organizational culture in an inspiring way.
It is through words, actions, and beliefs that inspiring leaders show others what their vision for the future is, and how to achieve it. It is this inspiration and purpose that will give a reason for your work - a "why".
Those who live and act according to purpose are inspired to always give 100% of themselves to what they do. Even when tired, they continue to give their best, gaining strength in their inspiration.