Resilience is “the capacity that allows us to deal with our problems and overcome them, adapt to changes and transform negative experiences in our lives.” (OPP - Portuguese Order of Psychologists)
In short, they are individuals who are capable of believing in themselves and their ability to effectively manage and respond to the challenges of life and work.
What to do to have Resilience?
Resilience is a dynamic process that can be developed and strengthened through a variety of strategies and support systems.
By training and developing your emotional maturity, you will be much more prepared to respond to difficulties or any crisis in life if you learn to be more resilient.
Resilient people use difficult events as an opportunity to open themselves up to new directions. Those who are very resilient are able to adapt and thrive, while others can be devastated by rapid change.
What Are the Benefits of Strengthening Resilience?
- More productivity at work,
- Greater emotional control,
- Better stress and anxiety management
- Better relationships with other people,
- Active search for more self-knowledge,
- Turn all situations into learning opportunities,
- Better able to solve problems even in high-pressure situations
- More proactive.
- Better health and wellness.